Cliff side infinity pool
Brookforge pool engineers recently helped complete a swimming pool plant room installation for a cliff edge pool in Salcombe.
The pool was built and tiled by a local pool company and Brookforge took over to install all the pool shell fittings and install/test/commission the highly automated pool plant room.
Working directly for the owner; our engineer worked long hours with several late nights to get this highly automated swimming pool plant room up and running within 6 working days.
Here at Brookforge, all of our swimming pool plant room layouts are drawn up in CAD to ensure the pool plant room equipment utilizes the space efficiently. Here in the pictures below we have the swimming pool suction and return manifolds mounted on metal frames to ensure they are safely secured in position prior to the arrival of the pool plant room equipment. Carefully planning out a pool plant room layout at the start can avoid allot hassles later on and will ensure that the necessary space is available.
Swimming Pool Plant Room considerations
Brookforge can offer assistance an expertise for Pool Pipework Installation and the associated plant room equipment and hydraulics when working alongside all of your contractors. That was certainly the case with a recent project in north London.
The client was a small Primary school, who elected a contractor of choice to construct both pool and pool hall. The initial pool and pool hall was designed by the clients architect who had a vision of a unique shape deck level overflow pool.
Brookforge were asked to:
- Design the pool shell
- Provide full installation drawings onto there construction/structural drawings
- Design the pool plant room layout, hydraulics and water treatment systems
- Pool Pipework Installation
- Supply and install all pool shell fittings
- Supply and install all plant room equipment and hydraulics
- Provide advice and assistance throughout the project.
The plant room benefitted from the latest in automated pool plant equipment such as :
We often refurbish plant rooms as part of renovation projects. Well designed plant rooms using high quality pipework and equipment, installed properly, should provide years of trouble free service.
When one or more of these things is missing however, the plant room will not last for anywhere near as long as its original intended service life.
- Replacement of lower quality white ABS pipe and fittings with high quality grey PVC.
- Installation of locking pipe clips to prevent pipework sagging over time.
- Fixing leaks in pipework and fittings.
- Offering solutions to features that have stopped working or have never worked.
- Replacement of old equipment with new, updated equivalents, read more about intelliflo.
- Increased functionality; automated solutions & wireless control, click intellipool to read more.
- Water treatment upgrades; whether this in achieved through more efficient filtration, more effective chemical dosing or the addition of disinfection equipment such as UV and ozone systems. Read More…
Plant Room Pipework Installation
Plant room pipework is installed before the floor is screeded. The first stages of a plant room installation revolves around the placement of the suctions and return pipes. At Brookforge we believe that every stage of the plant room installation must be planned in advance to ensure ample spacing is left to service and operate the plant room when required. Our aim is that the plant room is as user friendly and accessible as possible. Read More…