A modern and contemporary house with a minimalistic pool design to reflect the artwork. The pool is a Quad-Lock construction, and therefore extends the swimming season for an outdoor pool. The pool features a Calorex air source heat pump, an automatic slatted cover which is hidden in the structure, marine grade stainless steel fittings, a MultiCyclone pre filter and a UV water disinfection system. Read More…
Built using the Quadlock Insulating Concrete Formwork (ICF) pool shell, insulated on both internal and external faces of all walls.
The pool benefitted from:
- Fully insulated pool floor, walls and piperuns
- Automatic remote control insulated slatted cover
- Colour changing fibre optic lights
- High spec stainless steel shell fittings
- Counter current swim jet unit
- Twin hydrotherpay water jets
- Design & Consultancy: pool shell, filtration, sanitisation & plant room equipment
- Re-tiling of pool shell
- Installation of stainless steel fittings
- Installation of counter-current swim unit & water curtain
- Installation of DMX LED colour changing lights
- Installation of ozone water treatment system with de-gas unit
- Installation of semi-automatic chlorine and pH dosing system
- Installation of automatic backwash system
The First Quadlock pool
A look at the construction of the first swimming pool to be built using the Quad-Lock ICF system.
The Quadlock insulated formwork system is ideally suited for swimming pools as its quick and easy to transport to site and constructing the pool shell walls can be achieved in rapid time. The Quad-Lock wall panels are manufactured from high density, biologically safe, long-lasting expanded polystyrene (EPS) and are held together with High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) wall Ties. The ties are available in many sizes thus enabling different uniform concrete wall thicknesses throughout the pool wall.
During the construction of the pool walls vertical and horizontal reinforcing steel is added to meet with the required structural regs. Filling the cavity with concrete creates solid, reinforced concrete wall which is then rendered, tanked and tiled. All fittings are fixed in place prior to the concrete pour and bracing ensures perfectly vertical, flat, insulated walls.
Over the many years of constructing pools using the Quadlock system, we’ve built up a vast wealth of tools and techniques which enable us to construct pools of any size, shape and style. Brookforge are pioneers in the insulated swimming pool market using the Quadlock pool system.